Tonight for supper we had some good ol’ steak and mashed potatoes. But not just any mashed potatoes, Garlic mashed potatoes! This recipe for was the perfect size for the three of us, but if you’re making it for a family gathering you’ll want to multiply as needed…
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Medium sauce pan
- 2 medium potatoes peeled & cubed
- 6 red potatoes scrubbed & quartered
- 4 TBS butter melted
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBS whipping cream or whole milk
- In a medium saucepan, cook the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash the potatoes until they are well blended.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper, as desired.