Tonight for supper we had some good ol’ steak and mashed potatoes. But not just any mashed potatoes, Garlic mashed potatoes! This recipe for was the perfect size for the three of us, but if you’re making it for a family gathering you’ll want to multiply as needed…
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Red potatoes, sour cream & garlic whipped together to make these creamy and fluffy mashed potatoes for the perfect side dish!
- Medium sauce pan
- 2 medium potatoes peeled & cubed
- 6 red potatoes scrubbed & quartered
- 4 TBS butter melted
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBS whipping cream or whole milk
- In a medium saucepan, cook the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash the potatoes until they are well blended.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper, as desired.
ShannonFebruary 17, 2012 at 2:55 pm
I make some that are really similar to those! Except I add in some white cheddar. Yummmm.
Kate @ Discover. Create. Live.February 17, 2012 at 11:19 pm
oooo that's a great idea. going to have to try that next time!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)April 2, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Yum yum yum!! I love garlic mashed potatoes. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog-so happy to be a new follower of yours 🙂 (and your baby girl is adorable!)
Kate @ Discover. Create. Live.April 3, 2012 at 12:09 am