Wes gets all the credit for this one! He modified a recipe he found at TasteofHome and we’ve had it twice within the past couple of weeks! I’m seriously craving again as I type up this recipe to share with you all 🙂 I’ve always been a fan of kielbasa, and combining it with the potatoes and veggies gives it the perfect balance for a meal. We enjoyed ours with a side of rice and it was delicious!
Potato & Veggie Kielbasa
- Large Skillet
- Cutting Board & Knife
- 1 lb baby red potatoes quartered
- 3 TBS water
- ¾ lb kielbasa (or sausage) sliced
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- fresh veggies eg sugar snap peas, green beans, etc
- 5 strips bacon crumbled
- Boil or steam potatoes until soft
- While the potatoes are cooking, add kielbasa and onion to large skillet and saute until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes and saute 3-5 minutes longer,until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Next, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard,thyme and pepper & stir into skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, for 2-3 minutes, then add veggies and bacon: cook until heated through.